My webpages always rank high on the SERP.
Here I share my basic, cannot live without tools and secrets for building webpages in the year 2016..
For Best Website Performance and SEO in 2016
For new or remodeled websites you should use the following:
- No WWW – ( Remove the “www.” from the address line like “wordpress.com”, “twitter.com” and “alantait.net”
NOT www.alantait.net Use 301 redirects to have only one landing page / home page with No www..)
- PHP ( Use ONLY PHP – Do NOT use ASP! )
- Apache2 Server ( For hosting, Do NOT use the IIS server. IIS is insecure and slow. IIS usually fails Google speed tests. Do NOT use IIS! I also moved many websites to Pair.com (unsolicited plug) for this reason! Nginx is ok but harder to use. There are good OS to run Apache on like FreeBSD, but today the most practical is Ubuntu. I would strongly advise NOT trying to keep a server running on Windows, it may lead to your suicide. )
- UTF-8 Character Encoding ( Do not use windows-1252 which the W3C NU HTML CHECKER will always fail. Use UTF-8, you will like yourself in the morning! )
- Never Publish Any Email Address on a website. Instead, link to an email form:
- HTTPS ( Consider the value of using https instead of http even in the lowest cost – about $10 per year per domain. I am now recommending this to all clients with business websites.)
For Testing I would suggest the following FREE Online Tools…
Bing has some tools Google does not, but is missing some tools Google has – so use both, they are free!
Just like HTML, CSS should be valid too. DS has errors her too!
It is important to check your links to not lose Link Juice.
Although it needs to be updated to the new Google standards (Title = 50 characters max and Meta Description = 150 characters max) it is still a great SEO tool overall.
10) W3C RDFa Validator